You are NOT alone if you aren’t set on a major.
The crazy part is, most people that I’ve met do know what they want to do. It may not sound crazy to everyone, but to see everyone just so set and sure about things was more common than I thought… weird. I never fully thought about picking just one thing to do forever. I have several interests and I just can’t land on one right now. I felt like I was behind everyone else or just simply unprepared for my future. But I knew most importantly not to rush myself into anything. I realized it is fine to take my time. I realized maybe there are some paths I didn’t discover yet or maybe I’m not aware of it yet. Maybe some things I didn’t think for me might actually be exactly what I want in the end. I think it is important to keep your options open, so not having a major is not the end of the world.
Now, I am fully OK with not having an idea set in stone. I plan to take my time and figure out what I like and what is going to support me well in the future. I realized I didn’t need to just pick something to sound more sure and serious- which is something I often felt I had to do.
I am constantly back and forth with myself regarding my major. As of right now, I have my “major of the month” as I call it. The one in place I jump to when people ask me what my major is. I think this one might be it, though. Who’s to say?
This goes for everyone: when you know, you know.
I’m still alive, haha. Been very busy between ending the semester, getting a new job (yay), and enjoying the holidays. I have drafts I’ve finished and new topics I plan to write. I should be posting between this and next week!
If you know me, you know I am always trying my best to eat healthy. Lately I feel my choices haven’t been the best. Now that fall is here and winter is approaching, I am all about being comfortable and comfort food. I have looked up several types of diets, made a list of what to eat and what not to eat, and even just stopped eating as much and stopped eating anything I deemed unhealthy (I never went about the deciding factors the right way). I put a whole 30 food list on my fridge to follow and it seemed pretty easy. However, I ended up straying from that diet plan as well. So… I am still trying what works for me. When school started up in September, I froze my gym account until I got into the routine of everything. I have not gotten around to going back- until now. I’ve decided to unfreeze my account and get back into the gym as soon as next week! When I was going to the gym, it motivated me more to eat better and vice versa. I felt more energized and healthy when I was going, like I was doing more for myself. I’ve told myself COUNTLESS times that “this is the week! Starting Monday no more bad eating!”. It never lasted long. I do think I am strong enough to say no. I do know how to. But I feel we should never deny ourselves and hold out. If you want to get the burger instead of the salad one night, I don’t feel there is anything wrong with that. BUT, there needs to be limits without a doubt.
This was just a small rant that I needed to get out. I plan to get myself active and make a change in my diet. I am doing this for myself, and I think that is the first step. I want to feel good through what I am eating and doing with myself. I am not happy with how I’ve been doing regarding food and exercise. I have notices changes with myself that I want to get rid of. All these reasons stem from myself and I will change them. I am the only one that can do that!
I really have been stressing lately with issues pertaining to this. I am writing this to make it clear that I WILL find an eating plan that works for me and I WILL get myself active. I realize anyone can find something that works for them and only they can figure that out. I know I will.
I have done a MAJOR cut down on plastic. Throughout the day I realized just how much plastic I use and how there are alternatives to reduce that. Honestly, it was quite easy for me. I am currently still learning, but I think I got a great start on how to begin with going plastic-free and zero waste. I thought I’d share!
- No more plastic food storage! I threw out the old plastic Tupperware and all the plastic we used for food and replaced it all with mason jars and glass Pyrex of all sizes! I utilized the mason jars in more ways than one. I used for snack storage, flower vases, and meal prepping, and even made things like salads or little meals in them (also good for portion control!).
- Use stainless steel straws instead of continual purchasing of plastic ones. You can buy them anywhere online and they usually come with a brush for cleaning!
- Try and find any reusable, returnable and zero-waste brands! I found a great brand for hair and skin, now there are no more big plastic shampoo bottles in my shower to throw out every few months.
- Reusable razor. We used to get packs and packs of disposables, now I just use one!
- Use glass storage for daily-use DIYs! I love to make my own stuff such as lotion, toothpaste, mouthwash, cleaning product, etc. I ordered a bunch of glass bottles and jars to store and refill when needed!
- Get your own reusable shopping bags!
- BYO coffee, tea, water, etc. I still struggle with this! I have reusable mugs for hot beverages, the problem for me is water. I have a weird thing with water and constantly just drink from plastic water bottles. I am trying to kick this habit!
Like I said, I am just starting off with this whole less plastic usage thing. There are so many other ways to cut down on plastic that I plan on incorporating in my life as much as I could. These are just some switches I found easy to start off with and encourage others to try if they can!
Since I am really behind Plaine Products and love the brand you can now use my own link https://www.plaineproducts.com/ref/318/.
What makes Plaine Products awesome:
- all natural, chemical-free products.
- kid safe, color safe, can be used on sensitive and designed for all hair types.
- all aluminum bottles are returnable, refillable, reusable, and eliminate the need for single use plastic. (good for both the planet and you!)
- the 16oz products will last you AT LEAST 2 months and up to 4 months.
My personal thoughts on Plaine Products:
The thing I love about Plaine Products is what they are doing for our planet like no one else. Their system of refilling aluminum bottles and sending back when empty is the best way for cutting down on single use plastics, and I’m all for that! I mostly use their shampoo. Coming from my hair’s perspective, it’s much more shinier and fuller. Also, my hair is super soft. I have gotten compliments and questions as to how my hair is the way it is. I do not have to wash it as much either! Due to the constant straightening I used to put my hair through, it was much dry and thinner. I have used Plaine Products as I mostly stopped the heat styling and I have gotten my hair with weight and sleekness back! This is why I will always use this brand!
I 100% recommend trying this brand out.
Here’s a quick little review on a great brand I’ve found out about!
About a month ago I was introduced to an awesome and ethical brand called Plaine Products. I quickly went to their website after seeing their aluminum bottle usage for shampoo, conditioner, face wash, etc. I discovered that this brand uses only completely reusable bottles. I was really into their method of buying products and sending back empties for refills to reduce plastic waste, which is unlike most hair/skin brands. You order your products, and when empty, can send back in for a refill or for someone else to use! I truly think it’s a great system.
Being a first time buyer, I ordered their 16oz shampoo and a shampoo pump (I did not have a pump previously so I had to select the option that includes one pump). I ordered the rosemary, mint and vanilla scented shampoo. They also have a citrus lavender scented one as well!
After first wash, I’ve noticed my hair is the shiniest it’s been in a long time. It’s sleek and has a healthy bounce to it, thanks to the fact that there are NO harmful chemicals or artificial fragrances. The shampoo is all natural, which means there’s nothing heavy or unhealthy going into your hair. My hair also smells AMAZING because of it! It gets better with every wash! This is the my favorite shampoo, and I plan to use this and only this from now on. No bad hair days with Plaine Products. I highly recommend this brand, due to the great things it does for your hair and our planet.
Glossier is one of my absolute favorite skincare brands. I like them so much because of the fact that, as they say it, they put skin first. Some of their products are part of my everyday life, and I can’t live without! Here is a short list of my daily favorites.
- Milky Jelly Cleanser – This is the first thing from Glossier that I have tried! It feels just as it sounds. It is lightweight, but thick, and gives off a fresh, cleansed feeling after using. I like this product because of the simplicity and results of it. There are no fragrances or dyes and it is non-comedogenic, as well as other things! (check the Glossier website for full ingredient list). As described on the bottle, it is a skin conditioner and I feel it doing just that, with it including five different conditioners. Many benefits with this cleanser, I have no complaints! I use before bed and in the shower!
- Balm Dotcom – These are their universal skin salves! Also, probably my favorite product by them! I currently have Balm Dotcom in Coconut (clear and glossy), Cherry (glossy, with a slight red tint), and Birthday (a shimmery shine that doesn’t overdo it). They also come in Original, Mint, and Rose. For me, Cherry is my favorite. It can be used anywhere in need of some moisture, I keep one in my purse and squeeze out a little bit to swipe on my lips whenever I need. The scent is just perfect; very real and sweet, but not overwhelming. They make my lips moisturized, while leaving out the heavy and thick gooey look.
- Haloscope – This is their highlighter stick! I do not wear face makeup, but I do love a dewy shine, so Haloscope is my exception! Having a tanner complexion, I decided to go with their Topaz shade, which is more of a golden color and says is for a “sun-kissed glow”. The other two shades, Quartz and Moonstone, are much of a pearly, bright shimmer. The outer “halo” has real crystals, and the inner has moisturizers for the healthy looking shine. This is so easy to apply. I swipe it over my cheekbones and right above my cupid’s bow!
- Glossier You – This is Glossier’s first personal fragrance! I got a sample of it along with a purchase and I was so happy I had a shot to try it before buying. I’ve seen some mixed reviews on it, so I didn’t know what to think, but it was love at first spritz. I am very picky when it comes to perfume, but this is the one for me. It is the perfect scent for daily use, no matter the occasion and not heavy or strong. However, this scent is up to the person who wears it. It is all about personal taste!
* all photos are courtesy of Glossier.com